BEFORE coming to the park:
- Reserve your climb and set your arrival time online via the orange Reserve Tickets button.
- Every climber must have a completed safety waiver on file. You will receive a confirmation email after booking your climb. This email will contain a link to a waiver for you and the other members of your group. Please make sure that all members of your group complete this waiver before arrival. An adult/guardian must complete a waiver for climbers under the age of 18.
WELCOME! Here is a quick rundown of what to expect when you arrive:
- While the Marsh Pavilion (the Aquarium’s south building) is under construction, there is a safe and secure entrance to the right of the building through the gate.
- If the parking lot at the Marsh Pavilion is full, overflow parking is located across the street from the Aquarium’s main building. It takes about 10 minutes to walk down the path parallel to General Booth. You ticket time will not begin until you check in here at the park.
- Those purchasing Adventure Park tickets are not required to purchase admission to the Virginia Aquarium. Observers (non-climbers accompanying paid Adventure Park climbers) are not required to purchase admission to the Aquarium, however, restrictions apply on the use of the Aquarium by free Observers.
- You will receive a harness and climbing gear, as well as a time-stamped climbing tag. Climbers may begin new trails up until the time noted on their climbing tag.
- Typical tickets are for 3-hour climbing sessions. Additional time is added to accommodate harnessing, briefing, and practice.
- A staff member will help you put on the harness, and make sure it is fitted properly.
- Then, you’re off to the briefing, where a staff member will demonstrate the proper use of the climbing equipment as they explain our policies & procedures. This briefing takes approximately 10 minutes and is followed by a practice stage. Climbers will have this opportunity to practice using the climbing equipment until they feel comfortable. Everyone must go through briefing and practice.
- It’s time to head up to the starting platform and begin your adventure!