Adventure Awaits You in the Trees: The Adventure Park at Virginia Aquarium!
Fun in the Great Outdoors— There’s nothing like a day at The Adventure Park at Virginia Aquarium! The amazing aerial forest park features climbing and zip lining through majestic trees near the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center’s Marsh Pavilion. Take to the treetops on 15 trails that weave between tree platforms on the 6-acre site. Trails are marked by the degree of challenge they provide, offering adventures for ages 5 through adult. Explore the park on your own or make memories with your family and friends. This is the perfect outdoor activity for birthday parties, scout groups, school field trips, and corporate events or team building programs. Ages five to adult are welcome!
Zip Line Virginia: What is an Adventure Park?
Hours of Operation:
Fall Hours: Through November 27
- Sunday – Thursday: Open 9 AM – 9 PM
- Friday & Saturday: Open 9 AM – 11 PM
Winter Hours: November 28, 2016 – February 28, 2017
- Monday – Wednesday: Closed for General Admission (Limited Availability for Group Climbing)
- Thursday – Sunday: 9 am – 7 pm
Holiday Hours: December 19 – January 2:
- Open Daily 9 am – 7 p.m.
- Stay tuned for Glow in the Park events when the park will be open until 9 pm
Halloween Glow in the Park!
The Adventure Galley emerges from Owls Creek teeming with Zombie Pirates!
Lights Come Up & Pirates Stalk when the Sun Goes Down!
Friday, October 28 & Saturday, October 29
Choose an arrival time between 5:30 & 8:30 p.m.
Dress up and Join the Fun with our Special Guests: Theater Students from the VBCPS Visual and Performing Arts Academy!
Autumn Adventure Fest!
October 30, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Family Friendly Fall Celebration! Ideal for Ages 5 and up!
Reserve 2-Hour Climbs and also Play Games, Win Prizes, and Participate in a Costume Contest!
Costume Contest Winner Announced at 2:30. P.M.
Children who climb will receive a free glowing light perfect for Trick-or-Treating or walking home from the bus stop.
Barrel of Monkeys Challenge!
Sunday, November 13, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Put Together a 4-Climber Relay Team & Race Against Time through 4 Aerial Trails
Book a 3-hour Climb Between 9 a.m. & 3 p.m.
Upon Arrival, Sign Your Team up for a Start Time.
Continue climbing with Teammates When Off the Clock!
Age Restrictions Apply Based on Trail Difficulty Rating:
- Sunshine Trail Climbers must be age 7+
- Jungle Pass Trail Climbers must be age 10+
- Waterfall Trail Climbers must be age 12+
- Black Storm Climbers must be age 14+
Park Passes Awarded to Top 3 Teams!
Register by November 11 to get an Adventure Park Swag Bag with free gloves, drinks, snacks and more.
When School is Out, Get Outside!
Take advantage of Half-day Breaks, Teacher Workdays, and Upcoming Holidays.
Win Free Tickets for You and Your Friends in 2 Easy Steps!
1. Wear your school swag to The Adventure Park when you come to climb.
2. Take a picture with your group and share it to Facebook or
Instagram with #AdventureParkVB
Contest Ends November 31st!
Birthday Party Packages:
The Virginia Beach Adventure Park provides the Best Birthday Party Venue in the Tidewater Area. Families and friends love this active, unique adventure birthday party experience. Schedule a party in the Adventure Forest for ages 8 – 15 (adults love to celebrate here too!). Or hold a party for kids ages 5 – 9 in the Labyrinth – a self-contained climbing area built to scale for our youngest climbers. Our 2-hour birthday parties include:
- An Adventure Park T-shirt for the Guest of Honor;
- Goodie bags for climbing guests;
- All necessary climbing equipment, a safety briefing and practice time;
- A reserved picnic table: and
- No charge for non-climbing participants.
Prices start at $35/person with a minimum number of 10 climbers. Additional climbers can be added!
Climb a lot?
Check out our Membership Packages page for unlimited climbing and punch card membership packages.